Use MailChimp to send newsletters and communications to your customers and prospects. Property Tree will sync your contacts from Property Tree into MailChimp every night so you have an up-to-date contact list daily. Property Tree will also segment your contacts so you can choose to only email specific groups.
This Article will provide and overview of:
- What you will need
- How MailChimp Integration Works
- How to Set Up MailChimp Integration
- Overview of what is Synced
- Additional Integration Actions
What you will need
Before you can sync your Property Tree Account with MailChimp, you will need to have a MailChimp account and a MailChimp API key.
How MailChimp Integration Works
When you sync your contacts with MailChimp, your Property Tree contacts will be imported to the selected mailing list.
- Supply your API Key - When you sync your contacts with MailChimp, your Property Tree contacts will be imported to the selected mailing list.
- Create a MailChimp Mailing List - Create a mailing list in MailChimp and select it here in Property Tree. All your contacts will be synced with this list.
- Your Contacts are Synced - Your contacts are synced with your MailChimp list every night.
- Contacts Segmentation - Property Tree will segment your contacts in MailChimp such that you have sub-lists for "Owner", "Tenant", "Creditor"，"Vendor", and "Buyer".
How to Set Up MailChimp IntegrationIn order to set up the integration with MailChimp you will need to have the Security Role of Administrator in Property Tree.
- Configuration > Integrations > MailChimp
Generate your API Key from your MailChimp Account and enter this in Property Tree and click on "Verify API Key"
If the verification is successful you will have the option to select your mailing list from the drop down menu:
Once selected Click on 'Sync Contacts'
What is synced
Additional Integration Actions
Now that you've set up the integration and it's automatically syncing you shouldn't have to do anything, although there are some extra actions you can perform from the Actions Menu:
- Sync contacts -Your Property Tree contacts are automatically synced every night. If you would like to sync your Property Tree contacts with your MailChimp mailing list now, you can do that by clicking the "Sync Contacts Now" button as per below.
- Deactivate Sync - Deactivating your MailChimp sync will discontinue the syncing of your contacts with MailChimp. You can reactivate the sync with MailChimp at any time.
- Remove integration - Removing your integration with MailChimp will: Stop syncing your contacts, Delete your MailChimp API Key, Your MailChimp account will remain active and the list will not be deleted.
- Change mailing list -If you would like your Property Tree contacts synced with a different MailChimp mailing list, you can select it from the drop down menu as per below:
- Edit API key - To change the API key used in Property Tree from MailChimp.
Note: We do not provide support for MailChimp. However, you can get that here.